Our Lady Of Good Counsel High School, Sion
Our Lady Of Good Counsel High School is a High School affiliated to the Maharashtra State Board of Education. It is situated in Sion, Mumbai. It started as a Primary School in 1939 and was upgraded to status of High School in 1958.
The "Our Lady Of Good Counsel High School" is a Catholic Minority School established by the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Mumbai and is administered by the Society of Friars Minor, a Religious order for men, in the Roman Catholic Church. The school is under the religious jurisdiction of the Roman Catholic Archbishop of Mumbai.
The school being a Catholic Minority Institution aims at the education Primarily of the Catholic community around and to the extent possible of the members of all the other communities. The school stands for academic excellence, development of skills and character formation based on the love of God and the service of people as modeled in Jesus Christ, with a view to training citizens distinguished for the all-round development and sincere commitment to God and country.
Our Lady of Good Counsel High School is a recognized English Teaching High School with classes from Std 1 to Std 10. It is permanently recognized by the State Government and authorized by their letter dated 29-07-1960 for Std 1 to Std 4 while it is registered under the Bombay Public Trust Act, 1950 and aided by Government from Std 5 to Std 10.